Buddha bowls—mild, wholesome meals comprised of an entire grain, a number of greens, a healthful protein supply, and a flavorful sauce—are all the craze. This plant-based (vegan), gluten-free Inexperienced Goddess Grain Bowl combines the star diet energy of entire grain sorghum and beans with cool inexperienced veggies, akin to arugula, avocados, cucumbers, asparagus, and pumpkin seeds. Plus, it’s topped with a house-made, plant-based Inexperienced Goddess Dressing that’s as tasty as it’s fairly.
Energy up on a serene, wholesome, plant-based (vegan), gluten-free Inexperienced Goddess Grain Bowl, which is full of cool inexperienced veggies, entire grains, white beans, pumpkin seeds, and a light-weight Inexperienced Goddess Dressing.
- 2 cups cooked entire grain sorghum, cooled
- 1 15.5-ounce can white beans (i.e., Nice Northern, cannellini)
- 1 bunch contemporary asparagus, trimmed, sliced
- Four cups packed child arugula leaves
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
Inexperienced Goddess Dressing:
- 1 half tablespoons plain, unsweetened plant-based milk (i.e., soy, almond, coconut)
- 1/4 ripe massive avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1/Four cup diced cucumber, with peel
- Three tablespoons chopped contemporary herbs (i.e., dill, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, cilantro)
- 1 stalk inexperienced onion, white and inexperienced components, diced
- 1 small garlic clove
- Pinch white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
To make Buddha Bowls:
- Cook dinner entire grain sorghum to make 2 cups, based on package deal instructions, and funky, draining any remaining liquid.
- Whereas sorghum is cooking, put together all different components and the dressing (see beneath.)
- Rinse and drain white beans and put aside.
- Blanch asparagus by cooking it in boiling water for 3-Four minutes (or microwaving for two minutes in a glass dish with water), till simply tender, however nonetheless vivid inexperienced; put aside.
- Organize 1 cup arugula leaves on the backside of every massive, particular person serving bowl. Use 4 (3-cup) bowls.
- Organize over the arugula leaves in every bowl: ¼ of the white beans (about ½ cup); ½ cup cooked, cooled sorghum; ¼ sliced avocado; ¼ of the cucumber slices (about ½ cup); ¼ of the blanched, cooled asparagus; a dollop (about 2 tablespoons) of Inexperienced Goddess Dressing (see beneath); 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds.
- Serve instantly.
To make Inexperienced Goddess Dressing:
- Place the entire dressing components into the container of a small blender and course of till clean.
- Makes half cup (Four servings).
This recipe is superb for meal prep by getting ready Four particular person servings in sealed containers and refrigerating it to be loved throughout the week. You can even serve this recipe in a single massive dish by following directions and arranging all components in a single massive salad bowl as a substitute of Four particular person serving bowls. In case you desire extra dressing with the bowls, it’s possible you’ll double the dressing recipe, and maintain leftovers within the fridge in a sealed container for as much as 1 week.
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 bowl
- Energy: 389
- Sugar: Three g
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Fats: 12 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 16 g
Key phrases: inexperienced goddess bowl, vegan inexperienced goddess recipe
For extra plant-powered bowl meals, take a look at a few of my favorites:
Thai Tofu Veggie Noodle Bowl
Moroccan Chickpea Sorghum Bowl
Stir-Fried Thai Sorghum Bowl
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.