The savory, umami flavors shine by means of on this 20-minute, 6-ingredient, vegan, gluten-free rice bowl, which options protein-rich edamame, bok choy, bell peppers, and brown rice.
- 1 cup dried, quick-cooking (parboiled) brown rice
- 2 cups water*
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 crimson bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen edamame (shelled), thawed
- 6 ounces (about 5 heads) child bok choy, coarsely chopped
- three tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, gluten-free
- Add quick-cooking brown rice and water* (observe bundle instructions, may have to regulate quantity of water as directed) to a pot or rice cooker, and cook dinner in accordance with bundle instructions (about 15-20 minutes).
- Whereas rice is cooking, warmth sesame oil in a sauté pan, skillet or wok.
- Add sliced bell pepper and garlic and sauté for five minutes.
- Add edamame, bok choy and soy sauce and cook dinner for an extra three minutes, simply till bok choy is crisp-tender but brilliant inexperienced.
- Divide cooked rice amongst four giant bowls (about ¾ cup every) and prime every bowl with one-fourth of the edamame bok choy stir-fry combination (about 1 ¼ cups every).
- Non-obligatory: sprinkle every bowl with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- Makes four servings
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: Asian, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 302
- Sugar: four g
- Sodium: 421 mg
- Fats: 9 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 12 g