These Vegan and Gluten-Free Almond Thumbprint Cookies are as easy to make as they’re stunning. Use any taste of preserves you’d like on this recipe. I occur to actually love the amber glow of the apricot preserves. A thicker jam or fruit protect is vital to having a uniform coloration puddle in your cookies. Sprinkle with a contact of confectioners sugar for the final word eye-popper.
Recipe and picture contributed by Allyson Kramer, from Manifest Vegan.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup natural granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal combined with 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Your favourite taste of thick preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream collectively margarine and sugar till clean. Add in ready flaxseed meal and almond extract and blend effectively.
- In separate bowl, mix baking powder, sorghum flour, potato starch, almond meal, and xanthan gum.
- Step by step add flours into sugar combination till a stiff dough kinds.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Use the again of a half of teaspoon (or your thumb) to make an indent within the cookies whereas barely flattening them.
- Fill with rather less than a teaspoon of preserves. Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven after which let cool fully.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and have your self a cookie.
This put up was initially revealed on 9 July 2012.