This family-friendly stress cooker pasta has a wealthy, meaty sauce and a whopping 18 grams of protein per serving. Takes solely minutes to prepare dinner!
This publish has been sponsored by Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff.
“Mother, that pasta was actually good.”
My sixth grader informed me this after I’d delivered a plate to him on the pc whereas he was doing on-line schoolwork.
(Okay, wonderful. He was enjoying a weekly Minecraft sport on-line with mates, however that counts as social enrichment nowadays, proper?)
The purpose is, when he introduced his empty plate to the kitchen together with that flatter, I knew this recipe was a keeper.
You may also like: All About Shopping for Meat in Bulk
This quick, one-pot meal is wealthy and satisfying, with a thick, meaty sauce. And it makes use of a variety of primary pantry staples and a few time-saving shortcuts.
It makes the proper quantity for our household of 4 (which incorporates one always-hungry teen). However be at liberty to double it in the event you’ve acquired a much bigger crowd or need leftovers.
Want extra kid-friendly dinner recipes?
Seize a free copy of my e-cookbook, “No Fuss Household Dinners”, that includes 11 simple, family-friendly meals.
You will additionally obtain my weekly message. Unsubscribe anytime.
Is beef good for youths?
Sure, beef is a high-quality supply of protein, which suggests it has all of the important amino acids (constructing blocks of protein) that we have to get from meals. It additionally has vitamins like iron and zinc which can be essential throughout development and growth.
One serving of this pasta has a whopping 18 grams of protein (right here’s how a lot protein youngsters want in a day) and is a wonderful supply of iron.
How to decide on Floor Beef
- Select Floor Beef that’s brilliant crimson in colour and agency to the contact (keep away from any packages which have tears or extreme liquid in them).
- Purchase packages on or earlier than the sell-by date.
- Use or freeze it inside two days of shopping for it (Floor Beef is extra perishable than steaks or roasts).
Learn how to safely thaw frozen Floor Beef
It’s finest to thaw floor beef within the fridge. However in the event you’re pressed for time, take this recommendation from the USDA:
- Thaw within the microwave: In the event you’re defrosting meat within the microwave, prepare dinner it instantly, since some components of the meat will begin cooking within the microwave.
- Thaw in water: Place the meat in an hermetic plastic bag and submerge in chilly water, altering the water each half hour. Cook dinner instantly.
Notice: The USDA doesn’t suggest refreezing meat that’s been thawed utilizing these strategies! If you wish to re-freeze it, prepare dinner it first.
Just a few recipe notes
- In the event you can’t discover farfalle (bowties), swap in the same dimension and form akin to fusilli or penne.
- In the event you can’t discover 93% lean Floor Beef, merely drain off a number of the extra fats after browning.
- Use no matter jarred sauce your loved ones likes finest.
- In the event you don’t have heavy cream or don’t wish to use it, you possibly can skip it. It offers an additional creaminess however shouldn’t be important to the recipe.
- Many stress cooker pasta recipes name for a five-minute prepare dinner time. I discovered that 4 minutes resulted in a greater “al dente” (gentle however nonetheless agency) texture.
- To keep away from mushy pasta, you’ll want to do a fast stress launch and don’t let the pasta prepare dinner any longer than directed.
Get extra recipes utilizing beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 pound 93% lean Floor Beef
- ½ cup beef broth or inventory
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Three cups raw farfalle (bowtie) pasta (about eight ounces)
- 1 ½ cups jarred pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 handfuls recent spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Retailer the additional cooked beef in your fridge for one more recipe the subsequent evening, akin to beef and bean burritos, or freeze it and make this dish one other evening. An alternative choice: Double this recipe to make use of your entire pound.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Dimension: 1 portion
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 344Complete Fats: 10gSaturated Fats: 3.5gTrans Fats: 0gLdl cholesterol: 38mgSodium: 649mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 6.5gProtein: 18g