This gluten free banana bread recipe is moist, tender, and full of spiced banana taste. It is all the pieces banana bread must be, gluten-free or not!
I’ve gotten so many requests for a gluten free banana bread recipe over time, and I couldn’t be extra excited to share this one with you! Tasting this gluten free banana bread, you’d by no means guess that it wasn’t made with wheat flour. It’s moist, tender, and full of spiced banana taste. In reality, if I did a side-by-side comparability with my common Wholesome Banana Bread, I wouldn’t be capable of select a favourite!
We’re getting some sunshine in Chicago in the present day, however for the final week, it’s been cool and wet. I really like beginning grey, chilly mornings like these with a thick slice of this gluten free banana bread for breakfast. Served with a espresso or a steaming cup of matcha, it’s the proper sweet-but-not-too-sweet deal with to cozy up with on an early fall day. Pleased baking!
Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe Substances
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this simple gluten free banana bread recipe:
- Bananas, after all! They make this bread good and moist, and so they fill it with candy banana taste.
- Bob’s Crimson Mill Gluten Free All-Goal Baking Flour – I don’t bake with gluten-free flour blends usually, so I polled readers to see what their favorites had been. Bob’s All-Goal mix was the clear winner. It incorporates easy, pronounceable components (no xanthum gum right here!), and it’s completely dairy-free. If you happen to desire a distinct flour mix for gluten-free baking, be happy to attempt it on this recipe. Nevertheless, I can solely assure the outcomes with Bob’s Gluten Free All-Goal Flour.
- Almond flour – Almond flour is one in all my go-to baking components, whether or not I’m making a gluten-free recipe or not. Like in my blueberry muffins, pumpkin bars, and common banana bread, it offers this loaf an incredible moist texture.
- Baking powder and baking soda – To make it good and puffy!
- Eggs – They add moisture and richness and assist the bread rise.
- Coconut sugar or common sugar – Coconut sugar sweetens this recipe naturally and provides additional depth of taste, however in the event you don’t have it, don’t fear! Common sugar works right here too.
- Almond milk and extra-virgin olive oil – They add moisture and richness.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract – For heat depth of taste.
- Walnuts – Who doesn’t love bananas + walnuts?? They provide this gluten free banana bread a scrumptious nutty crunch.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Tips on how to Make Gluten Free Banana Bread
Able to bake? Right here’s what it’s good to do:
Begin with the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°. Whereas it begins to warmth up, line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, and calmly grease the quick sides of the pan the place the parchment isn’t touching.
Then, whisk collectively the moist components. Mix the mashed bananas, sugar, oil, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla in a big bowl, and whisk till easy.
In a separate bowl, combine up the dry components. Whisk collectively the gf flour, almond flour, baking soda and powder, spices, and salt.
Subsequent, pour the dry components into the bowl of moist components. Stir till simply mixed – cautious to not overmix! Gently fold within the walnuts proper on the finish.
Lastly, bake! Pour the batter into the ready loaf pan, and scatter extra walnuts on prime. I additionally like so as to add a sprinkle of entire rolled oats at this stage. Switch the pan to the oven and bake for 42 to 48 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out largely clear.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe Suggestions
- Purchase the bananas forward of time. The mashed bananas add key moisture and sweetness to this recipe, so make sure that to make use of ripe bananas right here. Possibly I simply have dangerous luck, however every time I head to the shop with a banana bread craving, the bananas there are all the time inexperienced. If you happen to can, plan to make this recipe upfront. Purchase the bananas forward of time, and don’t bake till they’re brown and spotty.
- Let it cool a bit earlier than you eat. It’ll be tempting to devour this gluten free banana bread as quickly because it comes out of the oven, however attempt to maintain off for 15 minutes or so earlier than you eat. Fast breads like banana bread, pumpkin bread, and zucchini bread are usually actually tender (and sizzling) proper after they come out of the oven. Permitting the bread to chill will enhance each its texture and taste, so belief me, the wait is price it!
- Freeze the extras. In our home, a loaf of this gluten free banana bread by no means lasts lengthy. However in the event you occur to have leftovers, retailer them within the fridge for as much as three days. I additionally wish to freeze particular person slices for fast breakfasts and snacks down the street. Pack them in an hermetic container or freezer bag, and freeze them for as much as 2 months.
- Change it up. I like to make my gluten free banana bread with walnuts, however be happy to get inventive with the mix-ins. Exchange the walnuts with dried cranberries or cherries, chocolate chips, or chopped pecans or almonds. Alternatively, skip the mix-ins fully!
Extra Favourite Gluten Free Recipes
If you happen to love this gluten free banana bread recipe, attempt one in all these gluten-free treats subsequent:
Gluten Free Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 45 minutes
This gluten free banana bread is tremendous moist, simple to make, and full of banana taste! For the perfect outcomes, make this recipe with Bob’s Gluten Free All-Goal Baking Flour.
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- ½ cup coconut sugar or common sugar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, extra for brushing
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups Bob’s Crimson Mill Gluten Free All-Goal Baking Flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1½ tablespoons rolled oats, for topping
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and calmly grease the quick sides of the pan the place parchment isn’t touching.
In a big bowl, mix the mashed bananas with the sugar, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla and whisk till mixed.
In a medium bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Add the dry components to the bowl with the moist components and stir till simply mixed, then fold within the walnuts.
Pour into the ready pan and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and oats.
Bake for 42 to 48 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the center comes out largely clear.