This Pizza Quinoa Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms recipe is ideal for Meatless Monday. Portabella mushrooms are full of a pizza-flavored quinoa filling.
Web site Issues
Have been you looking for one thing on my weblog on Saturday and a few unusual, utterly completely different web site was on right here as an alternative? Yeah, that occurred! I had a significant (main) technical hiccup over the weekend. I had employed somebody to maneuver my portfolio from my previous host to my present one and the portfolio was unintentionally uploaded to this area as an alternative.
And after Oh My Veggies was restored, my recipes have been down for a bit. I heard from not less than one one that was about to make a recipe after which—POOF!—it had vanished. So I’m sorry if that occurred to you. I additionally misplaced some feedback, so for those who left one and it’s not revealed, now why—it’s not as a result of I’m a jerk who hates feedback and other people. Now that that’s out of the way in which, we are able to transfer onto much more vital questions…
A Mushroom by Any Different Title
…is it bizarre that everybody else appears to say portobello mushroom and I say portabella? (In line with Wikipedia, it is acceptable to name them portabella mushrooms. Acceptable however unpopular.) There are too many o’s in portobello and it simply doesn’t roll off the tongue like portabella does. Additionally, I’m the boss of me; I do what I would like. (Sometime I’m going to get a tattoo that claims that. If solely all these phrases would match on my knuckles.)
In regards to the Recipe
On matter! Pizza Quinoa Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms. The images don’t do these justice, however belief me, they’re scrumptious. I’ve been enamored with Meals Doodles’ Pizza Quinoa Casserole recipe for some time now. Often I throw some veggies into it, however then I obtained the concept to stuff the pizza quinoa into veggies. I used to be going to do zucchini, however since I already posted Taco-Stuffed Zucchini this summer season, I went with portabella mushrooms as an alternative. Taco zucchini! Pizza mushrooms! What different loopy quick meals kinds of issues can I stuff into greens? (Falafel Eggplant may be scrumptious, however please cease me once I publish Cinnabon-Stuffed Butternut Squash.)
Pizza Quinoa Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Portabella mushrooms with a pizza-inspired quinoa filling. Tailored from Meals Doodles’ Pizza Quinoa Casserole.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Whole Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: four servings
- four extra-large portabella mushrooms, stems and gills eliminated
- oil mister or olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper, to style
- 3/four cup raw quinoa, rinsed totally
- 1 (eight oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced recent basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pinch of crimson pepper flakes (non-obligatory)
- 3/four cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray each side of mushrooms and place them backside down on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Whereas the mushrooms are baking, prepare dinner the quinoa in line with bundle instructions. As soon as it’s completed cooking, stir within the tomato sauce, garlic, basil, oregano, onion powder, and pepper flakes. Season to style with salt and pepper.
- After 10 minutes, take away the baking sheet from the oven and flip the mushrooms over. In the event that they refill with liquid (generally they do), drain it off or blot them dry with paper towels.
- Divide the quinoa combination into the mushrooms, then prime every one with cheese. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes extra. You’ll be able to serve the mushrooms after this or activate the broiler and broil them till the cheese is browned—about 3–5 minutes (simply control them so that they don’t burn!).
This publish was initially revealed on 5 August 2013.