Petroleum jelly has been a well-liked merchandise for many years. It may be present in loos of individuals of all ages. Folks use it to moisturize lips, take away make-up, heal a wound, and remedy diaper rash. However do you know, regardless of its lengthy checklist of makes use of, that it isn’t that nice for you?
Just like the identify suggests, petroleum jelly (petrolatum) is derived from petroleum, a poisonous crude oil, which means it isn’t sustainable or eco pleasant. When correctly refined, petrolatum is alleged to don’t have any identified well being considerations. Nonetheless, in accordance some sources, petrolatum is usually not totally refined within the US, which suggests it may be contaminated with poisonous chemical compounds referred to as polycyclic fragrant hydrocarbons (PAHs). EWG VERIFIED™ B Soothed Balm is our pure various to petroleum jelly.
Petroleum jelly has the distinctive capacity to soak up into our pores and skin and lock itself into place in between cells in our lipid barrier. Petroleum jelly has no moisturizing properties of its personal. As an alternative, it acts as an impermeable barrier to the pores and skin. It’s going to lock in no matter moisture is beneath it to provide your pores and skin the looks of moisturized pores and skin, however it would additionally lock in any dust, sweat, or micro organism. This barrier may even stop any moisture or useful components from different merchandise from reaching the pores and skin.
Petroleum jelly is utilized in quite a lot of private care merchandise, particularly in lip balms – simply consider how simply it may be ingested! Attempt our Lip Yummies, Lip Skinnies and B Shiny Lip Gloss that don’t have any petroleum-based components.
Listed below are some tricks to keep away from petroleum jelly in your skincare routine:
- Keep away from mineral oil, paraffin, petrolatum, naptha, and formaldehyde which might be all derived from petroleum
- Candles are constituted of petroleum-derived components as nicely. Lighting a candle with these components can permit them to be inhaled, so search for candles constituted of soy as a substitute.
- Search for eco pleasant petroleum jelly options that can moisturize and hydrate your pores and skin naturally like coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter and cocoa butter.
We love versatile merchandise – one that may be use on infants, teenagers, adults, for wound care, eradicating make-up and extra. So we created a unhazardous model of petroleum jelly utilizing natural oils and sustainable, natural beeswax. B Soothed is a buyer favourite. It’s a delicate, protected, and efficient various to petroleum jelly with no added perfume. It has a really delicate scent from the natural components themselves.
It has so many makes use of:
- Diaper rash ointment
- Burn and blister reduction
- In a single day lip moisturizer
- Razor burn reduction
- Moisturizes dry pores and skin
- Softens tough patches
- Soothes even essentially the most delicate of areas