This straightforward Hummus, Cucumber, and Avocado Wrap recipe is pretty much as good for dinner as it’s for lunch (and even breakfast, for that matter). You should use home made hummus or store-bought; both method, it’s made in minutes. For lunch, serve with loads of fruit; for dinner, serve with soup and/or a easy facet dish. It goes effectively with quinoa tabbouli, or any potato salad. And you needn’t slavishly observe a recipe, both—make sufficient for one, or as many as wanted. Images by Lori Maffei.
Hummus, Cucumber, and Avocado Wrap
Makes as many as you want
- tender whole-grain wrap or wraps (works with lavash bread as effectively)
- hummus—your favourite variety, home made or store-bought (I extremely advocate olive hummus with this!)
- cucumbers, thinly sliced, as wanted
- tomatoes, thinly sliced, as wanted
- avocado, peeled and thinly sliced, as wanted
- romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
- blended child greens—child spinach, child arugula, or a mix
- Place a room-temperature wrap on a plate or reducing board.
- Unfold generously with hummus (although not a lot that it’ll ooze from the sandwich).
- Organize a row every of cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado down the middle.
- Cowl with a giant handful of the leafy greens of your selection.
- Fold two reverse sides of the wrap over the middle, then roll up snugly, ensuring the ends keep tucked in.
- Minimize in half to serve.
Per serving (estimate, relying on how a lot you load into your wrap): 389.7 energy; 19g fats; 644mg sodium; 817.2mg potassium; 45g carbs; 13g fiber; 2.8g sugar; 13.4g protein
This submit was initially revealed on 21 August 2013.