I’ve been speaking to girls about wholesome hair take care of over a decade now.
my inbox alone, I’ve acquired over 2000 emails from girls telling to me in regards to the points they’ve with their hair. Including this to the individuals who strategy me in individual and people I’ve suggested on-line I can confidently say that over the past decade, I’ve spoken to hundreds of ladies about their hairs challenges and their hair care practices.
All these conversations have taught me a lot and given me an excellent quantity of information from which I’ve recognized essentially the most prevalent hair care errors we appear to make. A few of them are classics and a few are new tendencies I’ve observed over the past couple of years.
These errors have taught me that regardless of wholesome hair data ( each correct and inaccurate) being accessible on-line for a few years, the overwhelming majority of ladies nonetheless don’t know the fundamentals about black hair care. The myths about our hair are nonetheless widespread than the reality about our hair. Essentially the most traditional errors could girls have made with their hair over the past decade and which I additionally made earlier than my wholesome hair awakening are
1) Utilizing oils as moisturizers.
2) Believing gradual hair development or no hair development is our downside when most of the time, the true downside is injury and breakage.
3) Considering you possibly can solely have lengthy wholesome hair if you happen to have been born with it aka -believing that lengthy hair is all the way down to genes alone and never accepting that the way you deal with your hair has MAJOR affect.
4) The Holy Grail Development Product syndrome – believing that it’s merchandise that can develop hair and never understanding that the principle operate of merchandise is to assist hold hair wholesome (protect the hair fibre for so long as doable) and that is what results in size retention (longer and thicker hair).
5) Not caring for our hair….and questioning why it’s not doing nicely.
To be honest many women assume they’re caring for his or her hair however are making so many errors and inadvertently trigger a number of injury.
The New Youngsters On the Block
Over the past two years I’ve positively observed a shift with girls who’re on wholesome hair journeys or have consciousness of right hair care after which take issues overboard and trigger self-inflicted hair loss because of this.
1) Below-manipulation aka abandonment.
There are numerous girls that know that extra manipulation is to be averted however for some motive that is being transformed to zero manipulation which ends up in badly knotted or matted hair. Manipulation for hair care is important. It’s extra manipulation that’s to be averted.
2) Doing essentially the most!!
Many people on wholesome hair journeys get so carried away with new fads and need to attempt the whole lot. So we full the important features of hair care after which additionally need to add tea rinses, chebe, rice water, onion juice, aloe vera gel, cayenne pepper, a myriad of ayurvedic herbs, and so forth
Sis, its an excessive amount of!!! Though most of those will impart some profit or the opposite, they don’t seem to be important and we must always not do all of them and leap on each wagon. Incorporating just a few is okay however doing all of them isn’t smart.
After I began my hair care journey, majority of the above was new to me however I learnt shortly and attempt to educate others.
Though many women have made important and optimistic adjustments in how they care for his or her hair, the actual fact stays that majority of us as black girls nonetheless have issues with our hair and don’t know the way to take care of it.
Sadly, having broken hair remains to be extra prevalent than wholesome hair and normally the breakage and broken we expertise is because of lack of or incorrect hair care.
A mission I had and commenced to meet via Hairducation was to demystify black hair and to normalize wholesome thriving hair for black girls.
It’s a brand new decade and the mission continues!!!!