This vegan cauliflower potato curry with coconut milk is creamy, fragrant and simple to make. You’ve in all probability already received many of the substances in your kitchen, so it makes this recipe all of the extra approachable!
Constructing on fundamental Indian cooking ideas, I’ve discovered a factor or two by way of creating curries. I completely love Indian meals and have taken it upon myself to attempt to be taught as a lot as I can. Although I’ve shared fairly a couple of recipes with you till now, there are loads extra to come back!
This curry is a wedding between a easy curry base and aloo gobi. Aloo gobi actually means “potato cauliflower”. I really like a pleasant wealthy gravy with the addition of greens and vegan proteins like tofu. My vegan matar paneer with tofu is the right instance!
I initially posted the same recipe to this one again in 2015, and it wanted a little bit of a facelift. So, here’s a lovely recreation with some tweaks that makes the flavours deeper, brisker and richer.
All of the spices utilized in a lot of them present a variety of well being advantages, and so they all assist to help your immunity. On this one, particularly, the garlic, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric are all nice for serving to struggle colds in winter and are anti-inflammatories.
I adore it when the substances I exploit in my cooking have a mess of well being advantages!
Some tricks to make this cauliflower potato curry
That will help you get the very best outcomes with this dish, listed here are some ideas:
- The explanation the curry takes some time to prepare dinner on the finish there may be as a result of potatoes take longer to prepare dinner in an acidic sauce like a tomato sauce. They maintain their form effectively however want extra time to prepare dinner. For those who’d like to hurry this up, you may par-boil them first after which add to the curry. You’ll be capable of cut back the cooking time by about 10-15 minutes. Take into account although that the cauliflower might be just a little extra crunchy.
- If you wish to preserve this nut-free, you may merely add coconut cream as an alternative of coconut milk and cashew mix to the curry. It gained’t be as thick and creamy, however the flavour will nonetheless be great.
- After I make curries, I all the time pre-chop and do all of the prep earlier than the range will get turned on. Issues can simply burn in case you’re attempting to multitask when substances get added rapidly to the pan. Belief me, I do know…burnt onions, garlic and spices anybody? Not that good!
- The primary distinction right here would be the type of curry powder that you just use. Some are just a little sweeter than others, and a few have a bolder spice profile. No matter one you employ, it is going to be great, I promise you.
What to serve with this vegan cauliflower potato curry
This dish serves superbly with a aspect of:
- Rice (white or brown)
- A recent salad
- Pickled greens
- Or in case you love spicy meals, some recent purple chillies or sriracha
What kitchen instruments you’ll have to make this curry
Right here’s an inventory of kitchen instruments required to make this potato cauliflower curry.
- Sharp chef’s knife
- Chopping board
- Skillet or wider pot with lid
- Wood mixing spoon
- High-quality/Microplane grater for recent ginger
- Peeler for potatoes
- Measuring cups and spoons
The potatoes and cauliflower are the right greens to take in all of the deliciousness within the wealthy, masala gravy. Naturally gluten-free, this curry may be a superb addition to your weeknight dinners in addition to leftovers for the subsequent day. Actually, this dish will get higher with age. All of the flavours deepen and infuse much more in a single day.
For those who haven’t observed, I’ve a couple of Indian impressed recipes on The Minimalist Vegan, and there are loads extra to come back! So in case you love these recipes, please let me know what you’d prefer to see subsequent.
Love Indian meals? Some extra scrumptious recipes
- Creamy Pink Lentil Curry
- Matar Paneer with Tofu
- Dal Makhani (Black Lentil Dal)
- Palak Paneer with Candy Potato
- Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Coconut Rice
For those who do this recipe, let me know! Would love so that you can go away a remark and score beneath. If you wish to go that additional mile, tag us on Instagram or share your photograph of the recipe on Pinterest.