This beautiful spherical of creamy Vegan Dairy-Free Brie Cheez is delectable by itself. It’s additionally scrumptious on crackers or in sandwiches and is particularly elegant as a snack or dessert served with recent, crisp fruit, akin to Asian pears. This versatile uncheese additionally makes a terrific pizza topping. Slice it thinly or thickly into wedges. Recipe contributed by Jo Stepaniak, reprinted from The Final Uncheese Cookbook.*
Vegan Dairy-Free Brie Cheez
Makes 1 wheel (about 2 half cups)
- 1–2 tbsp wheat germ, or 1/three cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 half cups water
- three tbsp agar flakes, or 1 tbsp agar powder
- half cup uncooked cashews, chopped
- half cup agency silken tofu, crumbled
- 1/four cup dietary yeast flakes
- 1/four cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp sesame tahini
- 1 half tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/four tsp garlic powder
- 1/eight tsp floor dill seed or floor coriander
- Flippantly oil a 2 1/2-cup spherical, shallow mould, pie plate, or single layer spherical cake pan and mud it with the wheat germ or sprinkle the underside with the toasted sliced almonds, spreading them as evenly as doable. Put aside.
- Mix the water and agar in a small saucepan and produce to a boil over medium-high warmth. Lower the warmth to medium-low and simmer, stirring typically, till dissolved, eight to 12 minutes. Switch to a blender and add the remaining elements. Course of a number of minutes till fully easy, stopping to scrape down the edges of the blender jar as essential. Pour into the ready container.
- Cool uncovered within the fridge. When fully cool, cowl and refrigerate for eight to 12 hours. To serve, end up by inverting the mould onto a big spherical plate (the wheat germ or almond-coated aspect will now be on prime) and slice into wedges. Retailer leftovers coated in fridge. Will hold for five to 7 days.
Jo Stepaniak is the creator of The Final Uncheese Cookbook*, Vegan Vittles*, and different books, and can also be the co-author of Elevating Vegetarian Kids.*
*This submit incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. If the product is bought by linking by way of this evaluation, VegKitchen receives a modest fee, which helps preserve our web site and helps it to proceed rising!
This submit was initially revealed on 14 September 2011.