This simple sautéed kale recipe is wholesome, scrumptious, and versatile. Serve it as a aspect dish, or add it to grain bowls, pastas, frittatas, and extra!
If you happen to’ve by no means cooked sautéed kale earlier than, now’s the time to strive it! It’s a flexible aspect dish, simply as at house alongside a bowl of soup as it’s subsequent to a pile of pasta, however it’s additionally a incredible cooking element. My recipe calls for six components (three of that are olive oil, salt, and pepper), and it cooks up in below 5 minutes. As a result of it’s so easy, it’s one in every of my go-to additions to clear-out-the-fridge frittatas, fast weeknight pastas, improvised grain bowls, and extra. As an added bonus, it’s jam-packed with vitamins, and it tastes scrumptious. Kale might not be as cool because it was 5 years in the past, however this sautéed kale recipe will at all times be a mainstay in my kitchen.
Sautéed Kale Recipe Substances
We’ll use 6 easy components on this simple sautéed kale recipe:
- Kale! I like tender lacinato kale, however one other selection, equivalent to curly kale, will work right here too. Earlier than you cook dinner it, wash and dry the kale and take away any powerful stems. Then, tear or chop the leaves into bite-sized items.
- Additional-virgin olive oil – It provides wealthy taste and helps the kale soften because it cooks.
- Garlic – It amps up the flavour on this easy dish.
- Lemon juice – It makes the hearty kale good and vivid.
- And sea salt and recent black pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Warmth the oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the garlic, chopped kale, salt, and pepper, and cook dinner, tossing, till the kale wilts. Take away from the warmth, and squeeze just a little lemon juice over the kale. Season with salt and pepper to style.
That’s it! Change up the seasoning by sprinkling crushed crimson pepper flakes or all the things bagel seasoning over the cooked kale. Take pleasure in!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Sautéed Kale Serving Options
By itself, this sautéed kale recipe is a wholesome, scrumptious aspect dish that pairs effectively with practically any protein, pasta, or soup. Nonetheless, it’s additionally a flexible cooking element! Listed below are a number of of my favourite methods to make use of it:
- In a frittata. Make a very-veggie frittata with sautéed kale and no matter different greens or herbs you want. It’s yummy in these mini frittata muffins too!
- In pasta. Toss it together with your favourite noodles, marinara sauce, and Parmesan or vegan Parmesan cheese. You might additionally stir it into pesto pasta or spaghetti aglio e olio. Not within the temper for pasta? It’s scrumptious with spaghetti squash and candy potato noodles too!
- In a grain bowl. Add it to this buddha bowl or this veggie bowl, or make your individual bowl with the sautéed kale, a grain like quinoa, farro, or brown rice, and a protein like baked tofu, tempeh, lentils, or roasted chickpeas. Prime it off with a flavorful sauce like tahini sauce, peanut sauce, chipotle sauce, or cilantro lime dressing.
- In tacos or quesadillas. Give a inexperienced increase to vegetarian tacos or quesadillas by tucking in a number of leaves of sautéed kale.
- On pizza. Belief me, it’s scrumptious!
How do you want to make use of sautéed kale? Let me know within the feedback!
Extra Favourite Kale Recipes
Love kale? Attempt one in every of these scrumptious recipes subsequent:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 5 minutes
This simple sautéed kale recipe is a wholesome, scrumptious aspect dish! It is also a beautiful addition to eggs, pastas, grain bowls, and extra. Discover particular serving recommendations within the publish above.
- 1 bunch kale, lacinato or curly kale
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Lemon wedge
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
Take away the coarse components of the kale stems and chop or tear the leaves.
In a big skillet, warmth the oil over medium warmth. Add the kale, garlic, pinches of salt, and several other grinds of pepper. Sauté for two to Four minutes, tossing (I like to make use of tongs for this), till the kale has wilted down.
Flip off the warmth, squeeze just a little lemon juice over the kale, and toss. Season to style and serve.