This Japanese Sea Vegetable Salad with Noodles recipe contrasts colourful carrots and parsley in opposition to black arame and white noodles. Wealthy in calcium and fast to make, this salad can also be remarkably lovely. Contributed by Leslie Cerier, tailored from Going Wild within the Kitchen.*
Japanese Sea Vegetable Salad with Noodles
- 1 cup dried arame
- four cups inexperienced cabbage, thinly sliced
- four cups parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1/four cup lovage leaves or celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/four cup chives, together with blossoms, coarsely chopped
- 1 (5.three oz) bundle bifun noodles, or three cups cooked udon noodles
- three tbsp toasted sesame oil
- three tbsp umeboshi vinegar
- three tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 ouncesbaked or smoked tofu, lower into 1-inch cubes
- In a big bowl, cowl the arame with water and soak for 5 to seven minutes, or till tender. Drain and return to the bowl. Discard the soaking water, reserve it for soup inventory, or use to water vegetation.
- Add the cabbage, parsley, carrots, lovage, and chives to the arame. Combine gently and put aside.
- Prepare dinner the noodles based on bundle instructions, rinse in chilly water, and drain.
- Add the noodles to the greens together with the oil, umeboshi vinegar, and rice vinegar. Toss properly. Modify the seasonings if desired.
- Garnish with tofu and serve.
For a change…
- Substitute bifun or udon noodles with soba noodles or angel hair pasta.
- As a substitute of inexperienced cabbage, use snow peas, snap peas, or a mix of purple and inexperienced cabbage. Steamed greens—reminiscent of beets, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and inexperienced beans—are different good selections.
In regards to the Creator
Leslie Cerier is a gourmand natural caterer, cooking teacher, dietary skilled, advocate for sustainable agriculture, and award-winning photographer. She is the creator of Gluten-Free Recipes for the Aware Prepare dinner,* Going Wild within the Kitchen,* The Fast and Straightforward Natural Connoisseur* and coauthor of Sea Vegetable Celebration.* A pioneer and nationwide authority on wheat-free baking, cooking with wild meals and complete grains, she has developed recipes for natural meals firms and revealed dozens of articles on vegetarian cooking, vitamin, and natural way of life. You possibly can go to her web site at LeslieCerier.com.
*This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks. If the product is bought by linking by means of this assessment, VegKitchen receives a modest fee, which helps keep our website and helps it to proceed rising!
This publish was initially revealed on 30 July 2010.