This Hoisin-Glazed Bok Choy with Tofu and Soba Noodles recipe makes a fast, scrumptious dish of tofu and greens with a touch of citrus. For a stunning plate, serve with a beet salad. Recipe from Wild About Greens;* photograph by Gail Davis of Hungry Vegan.
Hoisin-Glazed Bok Choy with Tofu and Soba Noodles
Serves: four to six
- 1 (eight oz) bundle soba noodles
- 1/three cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 (14–16 oz) tub extra-firm tofu
- 2 tbsp olive or different wholesome vegetable oil
- 6 stalks common or 2 child bok choy, sliced diagonally, leaves chopped
- 12 or so child carrots, quartered lengthwise, or three medium carrots,
- peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 scallions, white and inexperienced elements, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp grated recent or jarred ginger
- 1/four cup hoisin sauce
- 1/four cup orange juice, ideally recent
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari, or to style
- freshly floor pepper, to style
- Cook dinner the noodles in accordance with bundle instructions till al dente, then drain.
- Warmth a stir-fry pan or massive skillet. Add the almonds and toast on the dry skillet over medium warmth, stirring regularly, till very frivolously browned. Switch to a plate and put aside.
- Drain the tofu and lower into 6 slabs crosswise. Blot properly between layers of paper towel or clear tea towel, then lower into cube.
- Warmth the oil in the identical pan. Add the tofu and sauté over medium-high warmth till golden brown on most sides, stirring regularly.
- Add the bok choy, carrots, and scallions. Sauté for a minute or two, till the bok choy leaves wilt a bit, then add the hoisin sauce, and orange juice. Flip the warmth as much as excessive and prepare dinner, stirring, only for a minute or two longer. Take away from the warmth.
- Add the noodles and toss with the opposite components within the pan. Season with soy sauce and pepper and serve without delay.
Per serving: 186.eight energy; 10.8g fats; 375.1mg sodium; 218.7mg potassium; 14.4g carbs; 1.7g fiber; 2.5g sugar; 10.5g protein
*This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. If the product is bought by linking by way of this evaluation, VegKitchen receives a modest fee, which helps keep our web site and helps it to proceed rising!
This put up was initially revealed on 23 July 2013.