This roasted candy potato salad recipe is an ideal fall lunch or facet dish! Feta cheese, avocado, and a shiny tahini dressing fill it with taste.
I hope you’re all excited, as a result of this candy potato salad recipe is the primary of many fall salads that I’ve coming your approach this season! I really like salad all 12 months lengthy (Like, who can say no to a tomato salad in the summertime?), however fall salads have a particular place in my coronary heart. We transfer away from juicy summer season bounty in the direction of sweeter, starchier veggies like candy potatoes and squash. And after just a few months of craving leafless salads full of tomatoes and corn, I would like nothing greater than a bowl of fall greens like spinach, arugula, or kale. Collectively, these recent greens and hearty autumn veggies create salads which might be gentle and wholesome, however satisfying, too.
On this roasted candy potato salad recipe, a few of my all-time favourite substances come collectively in a single place. It boasts arugula, feta cheese, pepitas, avocado, tahini dressing, and roasted candy potatoes. I imply, speak about an ideal mixture. The tangy feta contrasts with the caramelized candy potatoes, whereas the creamy avocado performs off the crunchy pepitas. The arugula makes the entire thing gentle and recent, and the intense tahini dressing ties all of it collectively. If this candy potato salad isn’t a perfect fall lunch, I don’t know what’s.
Candy Potato Salad Recipe Substances
A couple of primary substances fill this candy potato salad recipe with scrumptious texture and taste:
- Candy potatoes, in fact! I roast them till they’re caramelized on the surface and tender within the center.
- Arugula – I’m obsessive about these gentle bitter greens! For those who don’t have arugula available, spinach, massaged kale, or child lettuces could be nice right here too.
- Avocado – It provides creamy richness to this hearty candy potato salad.
- Pepitas – For crunch!
- Feta cheese – I really like how its tangy taste performs off the caramelized candy potatoes. For those who’re vegan, skip the cheese completely, or substitute it with just a few pickled crimson onions for pop.
- Tahini dressing – This shiny, nutty dressing ties all of it collectively! It’s a easy mixture of tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, water, and salt.
To make this recipe, roast the candy potatoes and whisk collectively the dressing. Then, assemble the salad in a big bowl or platter with the arugula, roasted candy potatoes, avocado, pepitas, and feta cheese. Drizzle on the dressing, and luxuriate in!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Suggestions and Variations
- Let the candy potatoes cool earlier than you toss all the things collectively. For those who assemble the salad when the candy potatoes are sizzling from the oven, the arugula will wilt. As a substitute, give them an opportunity to chill earlier than you toss all the things collectively. That approach, the arugula will nonetheless be vibrant once you eat.
- Add the dressing and the avocado on the final minute. This recipe is a good one to meal prep for lunch, however should you make it upfront, retailer the dressing and the avocado individually till you eat. For those who add the dressing too early, the salad will get soggy. Equally, should you reduce the avocado too far forward of time, it’ll flip brown and bitter. However should you add them each on the final minute, it’ll be scrumptious.
- Change it up! I really like this candy potato salad recipe as-written, however be at liberty to get inventive with it! Listed below are just a few concepts to get you began:
- Make a Southwest salad. Earlier than you place the candy potatoes within the oven, toss them with chili powder. Add black beans, crimson bell peppers, and inexperienced onions or pickled crimson onions to the salad, and substitute the tahini dressing with cilantro lime dressing or chipotle sauce.
- Bulk it up. Because of the candy potatoes, avocado, and pepitas, this salad is already fairly hearty. However if you wish to make it much more filling, toss in a handful of roasted chickpeas, cooked French inexperienced lentils, farro, or quinoa. You would additionally add additional veggies like roasted broccoli, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts!
- Add one thing candy. Dried cranberries, dried tart cherries, or pomegranate seeds would style improbable with the caramelized candy potatoes and tangy feta on this recipe.
Let me know what variations you strive!
Candy Potato Salad Serving Options
This candy potato salad recipe is a scrumptious wholesome lunch! Get pleasure from it by itself, or pair it with a slice of avocado toast, crusty bread, or selfmade focaccia. It’d even be yummy with a grilled cheese sandwich or a cup of soup like my Tomato Basil Soup, Carrot Ginger Soup, Many-Veggie Soup, Butternut Squash Soup, or Curried Lentil Soup. Discover extra of my favourite soup recipes right here!
I additionally like to serve this candy potato salad as a facet dish. Pair it together with your favourite protein, or serve it with one in all these recipes for a recent, wholesome dinner:
For easier dinner concepts, try this put up!
Extra Favourite Hearty Salads
For those who love this candy potato salad recipe, strive one in all these hearty salads subsequent:
For extra of my favourite salad recipes, try this put up!
Candy Potato Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 25 minutes
This roasted candy potato salad recipe is a scrumptious lunch or facet dish! For those who’re making it upfront, wait so as to add the dressing and the avocado till proper earlier than you eat.
- 2 Roasted Candy Potatoes, (cubes)
- 1 recipe Tahini Dressing, (makes a bit additional)
- 4 cups arugula
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Lemon wedge, for squeezing
- 3 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
Put together the Roasted Candy Potatoes and Tahini Dressing in response to the recipes.
Assemble the salad on a big platter with the arugula, a drizzle of dressing, the candy potatoes, and feta. High with the avocado slices and squeeze slightly lemon juice over the avocado. Drizzle with extra dressing and high with the pepitas. Season with salt and pepper to style and serve.