These Graham Cracker Cookies are a easy, yummy, and fast dessert: Simply unfold wealthy chocolate buttercream between store-bought graham crackers.
I figured these graham cracker cookies had been the brainchild of my mother, every time she occurred to have leftovers from frosting a cake.
Then she informed me her mother made them too–and when she packed them in my mother’s lunch, she was embarrassed as a result of the opposite ladies had store-bought cookies, (nonetheless, she secretly liked them).
Then I posted a photograph of those cookies on social media and came upon that an entire bunch of you ate these as a child too.
Rising up, we didn’t actually have a reputation for this graham cracker dessert. Now that I make them for my children, we name them Icebox Cookies as a result of they’re stored within the fridge.
You may also like: The BEST No-Bake Cookies
This isn’t an advanced cookie. Get a field of graham crackers and also you’re midway there. Higher but, preserve a field of graham crackers in your pantry, so you may make a few of these when YOU have leftovers from frosting a birthday cake or batch of cupcakes.
They’re the right cookie whenever you’ve bought a craving however don’t have the time (or all of the substances) to bake a batch your self.
Different cookie combos
My favourite mixture is this straightforward chocolate buttercream frosting sandwiched between honey graham crackers, however you would additionally attempt these combos:
- Cinnamon graham crackers + vanilla buttercream (merely miss the cocoa within the recipe under)
- Chocolate graham crackers + peanut butter buttercream
The longer these graham cracker sandwiches sit within the fridge, the softer they turn out to be. However chances are high, they gained’t final lengthy.
And should you pack them in your child’s lunch they usually declare they need store-bought as a substitute, know that they secretly love them.
Extra cookie recipes:
- 12 sheets graham crackers (plain or honey)
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/Four cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Three tablespoons milk (any sort however complete or 2% most popular)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Combine butter with an electrical mixer or by hand till creamy.
- Add cocoa, sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt. If frosting is simply too thick, add milk (1 teaspoon at a time) till you get the feel you need. If too skinny, add powdered sugar (1 tablespoon at a time).
- Beat frosting for a few minute. It’s going to get fluffier and lighter in colour.
- Break graham crackers in half and unfold about one heaping tablespoon of frosting on one half and prime with the opposite half.
- Place cookies in a container or bag and refrigerate. The longer they’re refrigerated, the softer they will turn out to be.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Measurement: 1 sandwich
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 162Whole Fats: 6gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 10mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g