These easy Tender Vegan Candy Potato Dinner Biscuits are so moist and flaky, they virtually soften in your mouth. Improbable to serve with fall meals, particularly as an accompaniment to chili or different stews, these are additionally a welcome addition to your vegan Thanksgiving menu. Recipe contributed by Cathe Olson from The Vegetarian Mom’s Cookbook.*
Tender Vegan Candy Potato Dinner Biscuits
Writer: Cathe Olson
Recipe sort: Savory baked items
Delicacies: Vegan / Wholesome
Cook dinner time:
Serves: eight to 10
- 1½ cups spelt flour (or entire wheat)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- four tbsp chilly vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed cooked candy potato (from about 1 medium)
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and sea salt collectively. Minimize in margarine or coconut oil till combination resembles coarse meal.
- Combine in candy potato and milk till mixed.
- Scoop out ¼-cup mounds of dough (an oiled ice cream scoop works effectively) and flatten to biscuit form on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or till bottoms are golden. Switch to a fabric-lined platter or basket and serve heat.
In regards to the Writer
Cathe Olson is the creator of Merely Pure Child Meals, The Vegetarian Mom’s Cookbook,* and Lick It! Creamy, Dreamy Vegan Ice Lotions Your Mouth Will Love.* Visit Cathe at Merely Pure Books.
*This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. If the product is bought by linking via this evaluation, VegKitchen receives a modest fee, which helps keep our web site and helps it to proceed rising!
This submit was initially printed on 26 September 2011.