This tasty Marinated Grain Salad recipe options complete grain berries with wild rice and black eyed peas. A feast of taste and texture! Entire grain berries are merely the intact kernel of the grain. Combining their distinct taste and texture with these of untamed rice and black eyed peas makes for a hearty salad.
Marinated Grain Salad with Black-Eyed Peas
- half cup complete grain berries (wheat, spelt, farro, and so on.)
- half cup wild rice
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 giant stalk celery, finely diced
- 2–three scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15–16 oz) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- juice of half to 1 lemon, to style
- 1/four cup chopped contemporary dill
- 1/four cup chopped contemporary parsley
- salt and freshly floor pepper, to style
- blended child greens
- Cowl the wheat berries with water in a big saucepan and produce to a simmer. Cowl and let stand off the warmth for an hour, then drain.
- Mix the wheat berries with the wild rice within the saucepan together with four cups water. Convey to a simmer as soon as once more, then cowl and simmer gently till the water is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Mix the cooked grains with the remaining components whereas nonetheless scorching and stir collectively. Enable to chill to room temperature or till simply heat, then serve on a mattress of greens.
This publish was initially revealed on 30 Aug 2009.