This vegan banana cake is an excellent easy and straightforward cake for any event! Banana and chocolate are the right pairing, and you’ll’t get higher than a moist, candy, wealthy banana cake that’s laced with chocolate chunks and a velvety chocolate ganache.
Vegan or not, everybody will get pleasure from this cake. So don’t be afraid to make it for people who often wouldn’t choose a plant-based cake if on the menu.
It’s an excellent easy, fuss-free cake that doesn’t require any fancy kitchen tools! Simply your fundamentals.
Kitchen instruments wanted to make this vegan banana cake
- 8inch cake tin
- Unbleached parchment paper
- Measuring spoons
- High quality mesh strainer (for sifting dry substances)
- Massive bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Wire rack (for cooling the cake)
- Silicone spatula or palette knife/offset spatula (for spreading the chocolate ganache)
The chocolate ganache
The chocolate ganache that I used on this recipe is a straightforward, fast and straightforward recipe that solely requires two substances!
I made a decision to make use of this ganache on this recipe as a result of it compliments the banana cake with the chocolate chunks completely. It provides that further factor of chocolate with out overpowering the cake itself.
This pretty thick, clean and creamy chocolate ganache is ideal as an all-round frosting and spreading over all of your favorite desserts. For some extra suggestions and how you can make this ganache, I’ve written a separate publish on it.
I’ve additionally examined this cake with my vegan cream cheese frosting, and it’s scrumptious!
Suggestions for making this eggless banana cake
That is going to be one of many best desserts you’ll ever make. All you must do is mash the bananas, add the moist substances, sift within the dry, combine properly and fold within the chocolate. That’s it! Your cake batter is prepared for the oven. Listed below are some suggestions that can assist you get the perfect outcomes.
- It’s vital to sift the substances to keep away from any lumps in your batter. Since we’re utilizing coconut sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder, they’re all substances that may lump fairly simply.
- To get a pleasant even bake, use the center rack in your oven. If baking two desserts, place them aspect by aspect. In case your oven is just too small for that, bake them individually.
- This cake is greatest made forward of time, as you need it to utterly cool in your benchtop, then switch it to both an hermetic container or cling wrap after which to the fridge. I often make mine the morning of once I need it for that night or the day earlier than.
- Let the cake cool utterly and sit within the fridge for an hour or two earlier than spreading the ganache. You’ll keep away from the ganache sticking to the cake crumb or it being too skinny. It wants that point within the fridge to set a bit of to make it thick and spreadable.
- Mash your bananas properly so that you simply don’t have any massive lumps of banana in your batter. Be certain that to make use of ripe bananas for this recipe—those which have brown spots on them. It’ll additionally add a sweeter, deeper flavour to the cake.
Find out how to make this as a layer cake
This recipe is for one layer of the cake pictured. Should you’d prefer to make it precisely as pictured, you’ll must double the cake and chocolate ganache recipes.
You probably have 2x 8inch cake tins at house, this gained’t take that rather more time so that you can make, as you’ll be able to bake them on the identical time (in case your oven matches two tins side-by-side). If not, simply bake them one by one.
The chocolate ganache recipe doubled gives you loads of ganache to make use of so don’t be afraid to lather it on!
This vegan banana chocolate chip cake will simply feed a big group of individuals. It’ll make 12 beneficiant slices if doubled, and about 10 smaller items if made as a single cake.
It’s good for any celebration, or just simply since you really feel like cake! Superbly balanced flavours which can be a match made in meals heaven.
Don’t fear in case you’re not a large fan of banana cake, the flavour isn’t overpowering.
You’ll love this cake as a result of it’s:
- Fluffy and lightweight
- Tremendous straightforward to make
Another cake recipes you’ll love:
- Basic Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Lumberjack Cake (Gluten-Free)
- Straightforward Vegan Carrot Cake
- Vegan Vanilla Cake with Coconut Cream and Berries
- Vegan Chocolate and Pear Loaf Cake
Should you do that recipe, let me know! I might love so that you can depart a remark and score under. If you wish to go that further mile, tag us on Instagram or share your photograph of the recipe on Pinterest.