Make this tremendous straightforward vegan sandwich, that includes chickpeas, hummus, arugula, cucumbers, and tomatoes, with solely 6 elements in 5 minutes.
- 2 giant (about 7-inches) entire wheat pita bread, lower in half
- Three cups arugula leaves, flippantly packed
- 1 cup ready chickpea hummus (take a look at my recipe on make traditional hummus right here)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 small Armenian cucumbers, sliced
- eight ounces small cherry tomatoes
- half of cup chopped contemporary herbs (i.e., cilantro, basil, oregano, thyme)
- To fill every pita half:
- Stuff the underside of every pita half with 3/four cup arugula leaves to kind a mattress.
- Spoon 1/four cup hummus over arugula.
- Fill with one-fourth (about 1/Three cup) chickpeas.
- Prepare cucumber slices (half of cucumber every) over pita fillings.
- Prepare 6 cherry tomatoes over pita fillings.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons chopped herbs.
- Repeat course of to make all 4 pita halves.
- Serve instantly, or chill till serving time.
- Makes four servings (1 pita half every)
- Class: Sandwich
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 314
- Sugar: Three g
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Fats: 6 g
- Saturated Fats: zero g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 13 g
Key phrases: vegan sandwich, vegan wrap, vegan chickpea wrap