This do-it-yourself Italian dressing recipe is a staple in our kitchen. It requires a handful of primary elements, and it is scrumptious on salads, grains, and extra!
Transfer over, bottled Italian dressing! This do-it-yourself Italian dressing recipe is tremendous straightforward to make, and it tastes much better than any retailer purchased variety. Belief me, I do know. Rising up within the Midwest, I attempted bottled Italian salad dressings left and proper. They had been a staple on the salad bar, the key ingredient in everybody’s pasta salad, and the default marinade for any protein.
I get it. Reaching for a bottle of pre-made dressing is fast and straightforward. However when you do that do-it-yourself Italian dressing recipe, you’ll gained’t look again. It’s a breeze to make, it makes use of easy, nourishing elements, and it’s zesty, contemporary, and vivid. It’s a staple in our home, and I feel you’ll find it irresistible too.
Italian Dressing Recipe Components
You solely want just a few primary elements to make this straightforward do-it-yourself Italian dressing:
- Lemon juice and white wine vinegar – They make the dressing zesty and vivid.
- Dijon mustard – For further tang.
- Garlic – It provides sharp, savory depth of taste.
- Honey – Don’t skip it! As an alternative of creating the dressing candy, it mellows the daring lemon juice, vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Should you’re vegan, use maple syrup as a substitute.
- Recent parsley, dried oregano, and thyme – For contemporary Italian taste! This mixture of contemporary and dried herbs offers this dressing extra nuance and depth than you’d discover in any bottled dressing.
- Additional-virgin olive oil – It provides richness and marries the flavors of the opposite elements.
- And sea salt and freshly floor black pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, honey, herbs, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk to mix. Alternatively, place the elements in a Mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, and shake till the dressing is emulsified. Season to style, and luxuriate in!
I like this recipe for Italian dressing as-is, however if you wish to amp up the flavour much more, stir in just a few tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese earlier than serving. This do-it-yourself salad dressing can also be scrumptious with a pinch of pink pepper flakes for warmth!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Do-it-yourself Italian Dressing Serving Ideas
This do-it-yourself Italian dressing recipe is absolutely versatile! After you have it available, you gained’t have any hassle placing it to make use of. Toss it along with your favourite greens to make a easy aspect salad, use it in my Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, or swap it in for the dressing in any of those salad recipes:
Not within the temper for salad? Not an issue! This zesty dressing has different makes use of, too. Listed here are just a few of my favorites:
- Drizzle it over roasted veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, potatoes, or Brussels sprouts.
- Use it to brighten up grilled veggie skewers, grilled asparagus, grilled eggplant, grilled potatoes, or grilled zucchini.
- Toss it with cooked quinoa, couscous, or farro and contemporary herbs to make a hearty aspect dish.
- Use it as a punchy marinade for cooked lentils, chickpeas, or white beans.
- Spoon it over a easy grain bowl, like this Candy Potato Quinoa Bowl.
How do you want to make use of do-it-yourself Italian dressing? Let me know within the feedback!
Extra Do-it-yourself Dressing Recipes
Should you love this Italian salad dressing recipe, strive one in every of these do-it-yourself dressings subsequent:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Whole Time: 5 minutes
Serves 4 to six
This straightforward do-it-yourself Italian dressing recipe is SO a lot better than retailer purchased! Toss it with salads, roasted veggies, entire grains, and extra.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped contemporary parsley
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, elective
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, honey, oregano, garlic, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper.
If desired, stir within the cheese.
Make this recipe vegan through the use of maple syrup as an alternative of honey and omitting the elective cheese.