This creamy cucumber salad will likely be your new favourite aspect dish! Made with cucumber slices, crimson onion, scallions and dill in a luscious cashew-based dressing that you just’d by no means guess was dairy-free, it’s filled with taste and ideal for summer season cookouts.
Cucumbers aren’t on the high of my favourite veggies listing. Sorry cukes! I imply, they’re okay and all, however not one thing I usually get tremendous excited over.
However this salad… ohhh this salad.
Guys, I simply mentioned “ohhhh” when referring to a salad. And never simply that, however a cucumber salad. That should inform you this one is fairly darn good! Even whereas I used to be photographing it I couldn’t assist myself from repeatedly taste-testing!
Cucumber Salad Components
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this one!
- Uncooked cashews
- Crimson wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Crimson onion
- Recent dill
How It’s Made
First, slice and soak your onion. Simply place in in a container and canopy it with chilly water. Why will we do that? Soaking uncooked onion removes among the chew, making it good for salads. In actual fact, I typically soak onions once I’m consuming them uncooked, identical to I did with my Greek salad and orzo salad.
Now make the dressing. Place the cashews, water, garlic, vinegar, and a few salt right into a meals processor bowl, and mix it up till easy.
Place your cucumbers right into a bowl, together with dill and scallions. Drain your onions and add them as properly. Pour the dressing over all the pieces and toss the salad to coat all of your veggies with the dressing.
Dig in straight away, or chill the salad for later.
Cucumber Salad Ideas & FAQ
- Is that this salad gluten-free? It’s!
- Storage & shelf life: Leftover salad will maintain in a sealed container for about Three days or so, relying on how recent your veggies are. However I like to recommend consuming it as quickly as potential — the veggies will launch water over time, making the dressing further runny.
- How can I get my dressing completely easy? The trick, I’m afraid, is to make use of a excessive powered mixing gadget. I don’t use a high-powered gadget (it’s a Ninja, in case you have been questioning), and you’ll see that my dressing isn’t completely easy. However you realize what? After I serve this salad, no person cares. It’s lots easy and tremendous scrumptious.
- Additionally, except you’ve got a small mixing gadget like I do, contemplate making a double batch of dressing. A bigger batch will mix simpler in bigger gadget. Seal the additional dressing up in an hermetic container and freeze it for later.
- Can I substitute dried herbs for recent? I don’t advocate it. The flavour received’t be wherever close to nearly as good.
Like this recipe? If that’s the case, be sure you observe me on Fb, Pinterest or Instagram, or subscribe to my publication. And please cease again and go away me a overview and ranking under should you make it!
Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad
This creamy cucumber salad will likely be your new favourite aspect dish! Made with cucumber slices, crimson onion, scallions and dill in a luscious cashew-based dressing that you just’d by no means guess was dairy-free, it is filled with taste and ideal for summer season cookouts.
thinly sliced crimson onion
soaked in water 4-Eight hours, drained and rinsed
plus extra as wanted
crimson wine vinegar
plus extra to style
thinly sliced cucumber
(about Three medium cucumbers)
chopped recent dill
Place the onion slices in a small bowl or cup and canopy them with chilly water. Let the onion soak whilst you make the dressing.
Place the cashews, 1/Three cup of water, garlic, crimson wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt into the bowl of a meals processor fitted with an s-blade. Mix till easy.
Place the cucumber slices, dill and scallions into a big bowl. Drain the onions and add them to the bowl.
Pour the dressing over the veggies and stir to coat. Add extra water if the dressing appears too thick.
Season the salad with extra salt and black pepper to style.
Serve instantly or chill for later.
Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad
Quantity Per Serving (1 cup)
Energy from Fats 50
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1.1g6%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.