Should you like a lot of veggies in your pizza, this recipe for Vegan Veggie Pesto Pizza is for you. Piled generously with broccoli, bell pepper, and zucchini, this verdant pizza encompasses a delectable spinach-miso pesto as the bottom rather than the same old tomato sauce. Tailored from Vegan Categorical by Nava Atlas. Pictures by Rachael Braun.
Verdant Vegan Veggie Pesto Pizza
Makes: 6 slices
- 1 half of cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium inexperienced bell pepper, reduce into slim, brief strips
- 3/Four cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1–2 medium tomatoes,
- 3–Four cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (12–14-inch) good-quality pizza crust
- 1 half of cups mozzarella-style nondairy cheese
- 4–5 ozfresh child spinach
- 1/Four cup recent basil leaves
- 1/Four cup recent parsley leaves
- 1/Four cup untoasted walnuts or uncooked cashews
- 2 scallions, inexperienced elements solely
- 1–2 tbsp miso, ideally mellow white, to style
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix the components for the pesto in a meals processor. Course of till easily pureed, stopping the machine and scraping down the perimeters as wanted.
- Mix the broccoli florets, bell pepper, zucchini, and garlic in a mixing bowl and drizzle within the olive oil. Stir collectively. Switch the greens to a evenly oiled roasting pan and put within the oven. Stir after 10 minutes, and proceed to roast till the greens are touched with brown spots right here and there.
- In the meantime, unfold the pesto on the pizza crust, then sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or till the cheese is properly melted. Take away from the oven, let stand for a minute, then reduce into 6 wedges (it’s simpler to chop the pizza earlier than piling on the veggies).
- When the greens are performed, distribute them evenly over the floor of the pizza. If the pizza got here out of the oven a couple of minutes earlier than the greens, put the entire thing again into the oven for a few minutes, simply in order that every thing may be piping scorching, then serve directly.
Per serving (together with Spinach-Miso Pesto): 335 energy; 45g carbs; 14g fats; 9g protein; 685mg sodium
This recipe was initially revealed on 15 August 2013.