This in a single day Vegan Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Shake recipe has oatmeal added to it so this shake will maintain you full all morning lengthy.
Early Fall and Pumpkin Spice
Despite the fact that fall doesn’t begin till the tip of September, in some way as quickly as August ends, it appears like fall to me. Perhaps it’s wishful considering? Being prepared for cooler climate and apple choosing? In fact, it doesn’t assist that as quickly as Labor Day ends, shops are filled with pumpkin-flavored the whole lot.
So I figured that even when it isn’t fall but, I might do a Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Shake. I used to be going to put up this later within the month, however deliciousness of this magnitude can not wait. It can not!
In regards to the Recipe
Like my Mexican Chocolate and Banana Chai in a single day breakfast shakes, this one has three foremost parts: oats, banana, and milk. Including oats to a smoothie makes it thicker and extra filling; permitting them to soak within the milk in a single day makes the ensuing shake smoother and fewer gritty, though you possibly can undoubtedly make this with out the in a single day half in case you’re in a time crunch. This shake is an entire breakfast in helpful drink kind!
The primary time I examined this recipe, I used a complete banana, however the shake was too banana-y. Once I took it out altogether, the shake wasn’t creamy sufficient. A half banana was the right stability. There’s nonetheless a bit banana taste on this shake, however the creamy consistency it provides is certainly value it!
What actually makes this pumpkin-y is the addition of pumpkin pie spice. The flavour we regularly affiliate with pumpkin isn’t pumpkin in any respect; it’s that homey mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice that makes pumpkin pies and lattes so irresistible.
That is formally my favourite fall breakfast. (Even when it’s nonetheless summer time.)
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Shake
With the addition of oatmeal, this Vegan Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Shake will maintain you full all morning lengthy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Complete Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1
- 1/four cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of selection (non-obligatory)
- 3/four tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/four cup plain or vanilla almond milk (any milk is ok although!)
- half of cup quaint oats
- half of small banana, frozen
- sprinkle of cinnamon (non-obligatory)
- Whisk collectively pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and almond milk in a resealable container. Stir in oats, seal, and refrigerate in a single day.
- Within the morning, mix frozen banana and pumpkin combination in blender or meals processor. Course of till easy; add extra milk for a thinner consistency if desired.
- Pour into glass and sprinkle with cinnamon.
This put up was initially printed on 6 September 2012.